Friday, December 26, 2008

The Cask of Amontillado

Vincent Price has dramatized a number of Edgar Allan Poe's most famous works. I like the reading below, posted by mirkodamian on Youtube (he's uploaded other horror clips, including a Price reading of The Tell-Tale Heart.)

The piece is slightly edited from the original text. For example, the "mold" which fills the catacombs is "nitre," or potassium nitrate, in Poe's story. Also, there's a passage missing where Fortunato asks about Montresor's family motto: Nemo Me Impune Lacessit or, "No one provokes me with impunity." A fine touch for a tale of revenge. Still, Price is in rare form here, and his performance is ghoulish fun. I hear the bells jingling now.

Part 1




Part 2

1 comment:

  1. That was 13 minutes well spent. I'll be careful in my New Year's celebrations. -- Darbydale

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails